- Finally got my hair cut last weekend. I always go for about a year after donating my hair before I am willing to allow scissors near it again... What?! It is SCARRING to cut off that much hair at one time! Even if it is for a good cause!!
Shorter bangs. Now if I could just stop touching them and making them look greasy half-way through the day........
- I got some super sparkly Sally Hansen nail polish strippy things because I like sparkly things... I’m kind of like a magpie that way...
So very festive – it’s like a party on my nails.
- We’ve been watching a lot of Doctor Who lately. I kept hearing about it, so I decided that I wanted to see what it was all about. Now I’m hooked. And I cannot stop laughing whenever the Daleks are on the screen. Seriously – they have plungers and paint rollers (without the brush on it) for weapons and have you seen them fly??? So awkward. We’re about two and a half-ish seasons into it and I am loving it. I just have to say – if the entire crowd doesn’t disappear during the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics, I’m going to be very disappointed.
See? The most awkward killing machine of all time ever. Photo from here.
- I have a Dalek shouting "EXTERMINATE" as my text message notification right now and it makes me jump every time! I want to get one shouting "DO NOT BLASPHEME" instead, but haven't found it yet...
- I am super excited that Hell’s Kitchen and Masterchef are back. I can’t help myself – I love watching Gordon Ramsey yell at people. Although I was very frustrated with him the other night when he yelled at the guy for pairing duck and bananas. He need to take a trip to our favorite restaurant in Dana Point, CA to Gemmell's Restaurant and talk to Chef Byron. Duck and bananas go beautifully together!
- The diet continues. Slowly but surely..... Down – hold on... Gotta do some math in my head here... Not exactly my strong suit anymore... – 47.5 pounds. I still have another 20+ pounds or so to go. Maybe more, maybe less... I have a number in my head, but I may aim for lower or I may be happy with higher... We’ll see. All I know is that I am never going back there again.
- The water heater and windows WERE NOT my birthday present! Yay!! J got me a GPS for my quad. I also got the milk bottle measuring cups from Anthropologie that I’d been wanting, a book of Japanese cat fashion, a pen shaped like a cat, fun nail polishes, a cute tote bag, and a butterfly in a jar – among other things. The butterfly is not real – but it flits around in the jar when you touch it and scares the bejeezus out of people in my office when they look at it.
No butterflies were harmed in the making of this jar.....
SO cute! Photo from here.
- Went to see Hunger Games on my birthday. It was pretty good. I was expecting.... I don’t know... Just more, I guess. I don’t know how to describe it. I wasn’t unhappy with it... I guess that’s good enough. We also went to see The Avengers that weekend. It was AWESOME. I was cracking up through most of the movie. If you go see it, stay until after the credits – it may not be a long clip, but it was worth it.
- I got myself gummy vitamins. Because apparently I’m a 5-year-old... I kept wanting them and then remembered that I am an adult that can buy what she wants, so I got them. They are delicious.
- I’m getting kind of bored with riding my bike each night... I kinda sorta maybe want to start running, but I don’t want to wake up early and it’s too hot in the evening when I get home from work and I wish I could run on the track at the high school by my house because it’s nice and level and there are creepy bushes on the bike path by my house that I swear a homicidal maniac is gonna pop out of and.... About eleventy billion other excuses. J says he wants to start running too... I keep telling him we can go together... Hasn’t happened yet. We’ll see.
- I got both seasons of The Monkees on DVD. I am so extremely nerdtastically excited about this. I really don’t know what took me so long to buy them!
So.... yeah. That’s about it. I could use a nap (3 – 5 hours of sleep would be a “nap”, right?) and I wish I had more time to read, but otherwise things are good.