Once again I am jumping on the Writer's Workshop Train over at Mama Kat's. This time I chose Write a list of 100 things you want to do before your turn 100. Otherwise known as a "bucket list" as my prompt.
1. See the Coliseum in person
2. See the Aurora Borealis
3. Sky Dive
4. Visit Ireland
5. Start a family
6. Go back to Malad, ID to take flowers to my Grandma and Grandpa’s grave
7. Fly First Class
8. Learn other languages – including Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, French, Italian, Russian, and German... We’ve already started on Japanese....
9. “Surprise Trust Fall” towards one of those British guards that aren’t supposed to move and see what happens...
10. Be brave enough to donate my hair as often as I can
11. Continue sticking to my workout / diet plan so that I can wear my favorite jeans again
12. Start playing classical guitar again
13. Learn how to sew better – now that I have my sewing machine, I have no excuses
14. Actually make the canvas shopping bags that I have had the idea for in my head forever...
15. Drive a really fast car – I’m thinking Veyron, Zonda F, Murcielago, Scuderia... Something along those lines...
16. Learn how to ride a motorcycle
17. Go deep sea fishing
18. Take a trip on a sailboat instead of a large cruise ship
19. Get my other wedding band
20. Do something a fraction as awesome as this:
Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.
21. Finish the blanket I started when I was 11.
22. Read the stack of books waiting for me BEFORE buying any new ones
23. Own a pair of Christian Laboutin high heels
24. Finish the cross-stitch thing I started over a year ago...
25. Hug a monkey
26. See B.B. King play in person (before his bucket list is done...)
27. Have a library in my home - complete with that ladder on a rail to go around the room... Or at the very least, a reading “nook” in my house with a comfy chair and a big bay window...
28. Plant an avocado tree so that I can have my own fresh avocados
29. Finally figure out a good way to organize my shelving thing in my living room so that it’s easier to find the movie I am looking for when I want it...
30. Trim the excess - go through my movies, books, clothing, etc. and get rid of anything I don’t really like and learn to keep things that way
31. Figure out how I really want to decorate my home and DO IT
32. Learn to be ok with going places alone – I already have the movies and restaurants
33. REALLY stop biting my nails...
34. Own a Candy-Apple Red 1969 Mustang Convertible to match J’s Hard Top (which will be dark purple when it’s finished...)
35. On that note - Finish restoring J’s Mustang
36. Further on that note - Finish restoring the Corvette too...
37. Go to New York again
38. Figure out the story to go with the book title I’ve had floating around in my head for years...
39. Figure out how to finally get my skin to stop thinking I’m still a teenager...
40. Try something new every time I go to a restaurant
41. Learn how to cook
42. Learn to dance – salsa, ballroom, swing...
43. Successfully snowboard down the bunny slope without falling or giving up after falling too many times...
44. Visit Carlsbad Caverns again – I vaguely remember going there when I was little
45. Go to the Grand Canyon – I honestly don’t know if I’ve even see it in person...
46. Have a professional bra fitting done to make sure I wear the right size and get some really nice bras
47. Go horseback riding – and I’m not talking a nose-to-butt trail ride
48. Visit Hawaii
49. Visit Japan
50. Visit England
51. Visit Australia and New Zealand
52. Visit Scotland
53. Visit France
54. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
55. Learn whatever trick it takes to make my nail polish last more than one day without chipping
56. Learn how to change a tire
57. Make myself be better about cleaning
58. Figure out how to style my hair in ways other than my go-to down, half-up, or pony-tail
59. Learn how to really use Photoshop
60. Learn how to negotiate
61. Get laser hair removal from the nose down – I don’t ever want to shave, wax, or tweeze ever again...
62. Learn to shoot using a bow and arrows
63. Get better at shooting handguns
64. Get 25 out of 25 at least once in a round of Skeet
65. Visit some of the Man VS Food locations that sound amazing
66. Visit San Francisco
67. Sponsor the Wolf Pack at Wolf Mountain Sanctuary
68. At the very least go visit at least once a year and bring some of the things they so desperately need with us like we did when we went before
69. Learn how to start a lawn mower – not that I’m going to take this chore on, but it’s probably a good thing to know...
70. Sing at the top of my lungs and not care what people think – especially while driving in my car
71. Learn to parallel park
72. See the Giant Sequoias
73. Learn to knit something more complicated than a scarf
74. Walk on the Great Wall of China
75. See the pyramids
76. Learn to play the Moonlight Sonata on the piano
77. Be the “Star in the Reasonably Priced Car” and drive a lap on Top Gear!
78. Go to Mardi Gras to see the insanity
79. Find a great cowboy hat like the one I almost bought once... Never thought I would want to own a cowboy hat, but I actually look pretty dang good in them...
80. Send my parents on a vacation to Australia like my mom has always wanted
81. Give my dad the red, soft-top Jeep he’s always wanted
82. Say “Thank You” to everyone who has meant something in my life
83. Live long enough to see my first great-grandchild
84. Find out what exactly Cherry Ironport is, while drinking some from the Malad Drive-In
85. Have plums on my mini-plum tree that are actually edible
86. Go to a psychic just for laughs
87. Be in another movie – even if it is just extra work and I’m merely human scenery...
88. Meet Daniel Tosh and “Surprise Trust Fall” him
89. Meet Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Alexander Skarsgard and tell them all how smoking hot they are
90. Sit and listen to someone with an Irish accent long enough to pick it up
91. Get some really awesome novelty colored contacts – like red or cat’s eye or white... Something fun for Halloween
92. Figure out a way to work from home
93. Work at Starbuck’s just long enough to have someone start in with one of those really long, complicated orders so that I can interrupt them and say, “TOO LONG. You get chocolate milk!”
94. Write more frequently
95. Visit Fiji and stay in one of those little hotel rooms that’s out over the water
96. Pet a huge jungle cat – like a lion or a tiger... or a panther... Obviously while they are sedated or something
97. Dye my hair a really bright color – like violet or something – just once... Temporarily
98. Pay for someone’s toll at a toll booth – or pay for their food in the drive-thru
99. Laugh every day
100. Dance with my husband for our 50th Anniversary