Things that make me smile today:
- J cracking me up this morning - he always does. It’s one of his many talents...
- My friend telling me she would “pour one out for me” - you know... Like with rappers - pour one out for their homies that can’t be there... (Yes, I realize how very white I sound explaining that...) It cracked me up.
- Pandora Radio - I have developed a deep and passionate love for Pandora Radio. Ever since I got my new phone, I have known that it was there... I just never took the time to explore it. Well, I got sick of having to actually hear people that sit near me at work, so I turned it on and picked The Beatles. I quickly got bored with all the other music that WASN’T The Beatles (yes, I understand that this is how Pandora works...) and decided that I wanted to listen to Pink instead.
And am absolutely thrilled with the assortment of guilty pleasure music that has been rocking my brain out... I’m talking Gaga, Kelly Clarkson (right at this moment, actually), Katy Perry, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna... Most of these ladies are not ones that I would ever pay to own the music of, but I can’t help but bop along to the beat while walking around the office... LOVING it.
- Vacation days - I took this Friday and next Monday off. I deserve it. Haha and then... Next Friday will probably be an early close at the office because the following Monday is a holiday... This month is gonna fly by and I’m going to get to spend more of it home than normal, so I am a very happy girl...
- My “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” wall calendar on my desk at work - it has the pictures that were in the book in full color... I love the weird looks and questions I get. But no one seems surprised to see it at my desk... Good? Bad? I think people just understand that I am not normal... And love me for it.
"Elizabeth lifted her skirt, disregarding modesty, and delivered a swift kick to the creature's head."
- Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds from Trader Joe’s - Someone put a container of these on the counter at work to share... Umm... Fantastic. Salty, sweet, chocolatey... So good.
- Laughing at myself while almost tearing up when “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne came on Pandora - because I always think of the episode of Glee that it was on... It made me tear up when it was on the show and I can’t help it now... hahaha And because it’s actually a great song and good for making you feel good if you are having a crappy time of it.... haha
- My Kindle - I seriously love this thing. And I was always the “but I just like the act of holding a real book and flipping through... blah, blah, blah...” Yeah... I’m totally over that noise. I ADORE this thing. I read more than I have in a while - just check out my list of books I’ve read this year so far... I’m on #8 this year! I’ll admit, my pace is slowing down, but still...
The only thing that is weird to me is being at Target and seeing the book section and knowing that buying actual books is a thing of the past for me. Now I just have a list in my phone of “books I wants” (just like that because I always mis-type it that way anyway...) that I will eventually get on my Kindle.
- Finally using the correct search word in the Android App store to find Google Reader - I swear I had searched for it by name before and never found it... Now I can keep up with all of my favorite blogs so much easier :-)
- Glee! - I am a total Gleek... And two new episodes in one week makes Kelly a happy girl...
Things that make me want to rip my hair out today:
- “Debbie Downer” at work - this woman is never happy... There’s not even an “unless” to add to that. She’s just never happy. I try to lighten her mood, but it doesn’t work. I forwarded her this really cute video someone had sent me of a puppy doing all these really cute tricks:
Her response? “Too bad they made him fat with all those treats”
1. Puppy is NOT fat
2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE HAPPY ONCE IN A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Shut your face!
- Chick next to me - As always.
- Chick that used to sit next to me or MFP (sarcastically - My Favorite Person) - for some reason she has come to think that we are bestest friends and won’t leave me alone.
- My nails breaking - the last remotely nice looking one broke today... Ugh.
- Needing to wash my car - I absolutely LOVE how my car looks when it’s clean... But I absolutely hate the futility of trying to keep it clean...
That’s about it, actually... Today’s a pretty good day....
How was your day?