Ok - I have been trapped in my stuffy head for too long and have become cranky while waiting not-so-patiently for my antibiotics to actually work. So I decided to shake myself out of it by thinking of things that do not suck...
- The Rocky Horror Glee Show last night: Other than the fact that I didn’t like Mercedes as Dr. Frank’n’furter, it was really good. Makes me want to watch the movie again - it’s been YEARS.
- Halloween: I love Halloween. Last year my Halloween got ruined by the fact that my darling husband had passed his stomach flu along to me... We didn’t even hand out candy because we felt too crappy to get off the couch. I can’t wait to see all the super cute little munchkins in their costumes! I love it.
- My ear is getting REALLY close to popping: My right ear has been kind of plugged since I got sick, but this past Monday it decided to plug completely. It’s painful and I can’t hear. Today it has “almost” popped a few times. I think I will be able to get it to pop by end of the day!! I am being very optimistic about this because it will make me feel a bazillion times better...
- The Weather: I think we still have a little more rain coming, but for now it’s sunny with a nice chilly bite in the air. It actually feels like fall and I am absolutely loving it.
- Harry Potter: I know the newest movie isn’t quite out yet, but every preview I see for it makes me more and more excited to see it! It’s been too long... I need new Harry Potter!!
- Sims 3: This is a dangerous one for me... I have played past versions of the Sims and I know that this one will suck me right in like the rest. But I have a lot of fun with it... I’m going to get it for my Nintendo DSi so that I can take it with me everywhere... I’m a grown-up child and I don’t care.
- An even closer first step promotion for J than the future supervisor position in the works: They are going to need team leads as the team keeps growing and he has it in the bag. Because he’s awesome... Plus, there’s still the supervisor job on the horizon, so BONUS! Bring on the raises! Kelly wants to stay at home!!
- My new riding gear:
We bought a new (to us) quad a little while back. I can’t wait to get out and ride it so that I can really learn and get good at it. I have all my riding gear now and love it. I have my boots that I have been trying to break in, my helmet, really awesome pants and jersey, gloves that match the pants and jersey, goggles, super cute pink and black houndstooth riding socks, chest protector... I’m ready to go! And I may or may not keep putting it all on and strutting around the house in it because I can’t wait! I may even wear it to work on Friday as my costume...
- The number on the scale slowly moving in the right direction: I have been terrible about working out, but I have been trying really hard to be good about what I eat to make up for it... And I am very happy that the scale is starting to reflect that. I still need to get back into a work-out routine, but at least it’s moving. I am down a total of 18.5 pounds. Still have quite a bit to go, but not too shabby...
- Purple: I don’t know when the purple bug re-bit me. I used to love all things purple and then went through a green phase and then a red phase... Now I’m gravitating back to purple. Pretty much anything in a deep jewel tone is right up my alley, but I am seriously in love with dark purple lately. I have purple Vans that I just absolutely could not live without... (so dramatic...) Purple tops, my glasses are purple... And Harvey’s released a limited edition Seatbelt Bag that is purple and black and would match my Vans perfectly and be super cute to carry for Halloween time and I want it, but am trying REALLY hard to be good and not spend money I don’t need to spend considering I just spent a bundle on all my riding gear......... Sigh. But I want it. (And I just checked and there are only 6 left!!!!! SUPER SIGH.........) **Update: I checked again this morning and there were only 4 left!! I panicked... I decided I would be incredibly bummed to miss this bag, so I ordered it! Eeep. It's just... when it's gone... it's gone forever! I had to do it... Right? haha**
- The Olde Ship: There are two of these in Orange County - one in Fullerton and one in Santa Ana. It’s an English Pub and the food is fantastic. I love their Cornish Pasty (picture beef stew wrapped in pastry, covered in gravy... I am drooling right now)... They also have delicious custard for dessert... Oh man, I am going to have to go there again - SOON.
Ok... Apparently I can’t put off lunch-time any longer. I just made myself so hungry that the only things I can think of to add to this list now are food-related! Ooops... haha
So what are you loving right now??